Tuesday 2 June 2009

Dojis on Price as shape destroyers on RSI

This post is to show why I search the time settings to get the best shapes on RSI.

I like them as tight and sharp as possible. This corresponds to a dream scenario of a set of equally chunky alternate coloured candles on Price but that isn't always possible.

Sometimes they aren't equally chunky and other times they don't alternate in colour but they are more than acceptable replacements for the ideal.

The first image certainly isn't that!



The next one shows the same data but bundled in to 14 min. chunks rather than 19 min. ones and I am much closer to my dream. Now it is possible to put in the Ws on RSI, check out the candles that go with them, not perfect but so much better than on 19 min..

2 comments:

  1. Theory

    great going with your blog and with your ultra WM trading, lol, well done.

    could you do me a favour and work out some magic numbers for me.

    1. how much is the price if daily Momentum rises from -89 or -40 to +400?

    2. how much is the price if daily rsi rises from 50 to 70?

    Thanks, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trigger.
    Must find out how I can put a link to your blog and Stu's, I'm still a novice at using this sort of thing.
    cheers theory

    ReplyDelete